Monday 24 June 2013

Jim Carrey refuses to promote a film he plays a lead role in?


  Jim Carrey has shocked everyone after releasing a statement on twitter refusing the promotion of the next movie "Kick Ass 2" which will hit the big screen (UK)  on the14th of August :

Sunday :  "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to e" "I meant to say my apologies to others involved with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."





  The 51 year old actor is known as a strong supporter of gun-control. The Universal Pictures have not yet commented, however the creator and executive director of "Kick Ass" Mark Millar  responded with confusion over Carrey's decision on his website(Millarworld ) : 

"A sequel to the picture that gave us Hit-Girl was always going to have some blood on the floor and this should have been no shock to a guy who enjoyed the first movie so much... like Jim, I'm horrified by real-life violence (even though I'm Scottish), but Kick-Ass 2 isn't a documentary."




 So is Carrey' s refusal a crucial stand against films which present crime and violence as admirable and necessary for the greater good or just a very clever marketing technique to create a buzz around a movie which has proved to be a grand success before?
Kick Ass (2010) made $19,828,687 in the opening weekend alone!

Here is the trailer of Kick Ass 2:





What do you think? Share your opinion in the comment section below :)



Full Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23027684

No comments:

Post a Comment